All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.38
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.70
About this product
- Author(s)Ron Hirschbein
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight458 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments Introduction: Quest for the Unholy Grail Chapter 1: World War II: Theory And Practice Of Terrorism From Cold-Blooded Isolationism to Hot-Blooded Warfare Bad Japanese, Good Germans, and Russian Comrades From Emnity To Amity: The Occupations Of Japan And Germany Chapter 2: Celebrating Nuclear Terror-Irony Of The Cold War A Nukespeak /Doublethink Primer The Irony of American Nuclear Endeavors Oldest Psychology/Newest Logic When Deterrence Fails Nuclear Terror And War Prevention Retirement Wisdom Chapter 3: Goodwill Toward Men Without Peace On Earth A World without Enemies Hubris: Promoting What You Would Prevent Korea: The Forgotten War Vietnam: The War We Can't Forget Coda: A Lesson from Grand Fenwick Chapter 4: The War on Terror The Transmutation of Terrorism Terrorism Experts 9/11 and Its Discontents Iraq: A Never-Ending-Story Drones: Terrorism-Lite Chapter 5: Terrorism As Entertainment Shock and Awe Becomes Aw Shucks Daydreaming In the Aftermath of 9/11 The Present Is a Foreign Country The Sacred and the Profane Watching Homeland with President Obama Bibliography About the Author Index
- Author BiographyRon Hirschbein taught war and peace studies at California State University, Chico and founded the University's Chico Peace Institute.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.