All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMackinnon recounts his own fascinating journey from north Wales to the Black Sea in a small Mirror dinghy. A marvelous madcap adventure, told with verve and humor by the indefatigable 'captain.'
- Author BiographyA.J. Mackinnon was born in Australia in 1963. He got hDiploma in Education and a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, Linguistics and Anglo-Saxon from the University of Adelaide. His teaching career started at Westminster school, Adelaide, where he taught English and Drama for four years. AFter this time he traveled overland England by yacht, hitch-hiking, river-canoe and even horseback-spending a brief time in a Chinese prison after accidentally swimming into China and being attacked by Komodo Dragons, amongst other experiences. In England he taught at Sherborne and Cheltenham before becoming Head of Drama at Ellesmere College, Shropshire, where he also taught English. From Ellesmere he launched his unlikely voyage aboard his dinghy Jack de Crow. He is currently teaching English and Drama at Geelong Grammar School in Australia where he also coaches sailing.
- Author(s)A. J. Mackinnon
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/05/2002
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheridan House
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- animateau29 Dec, 2016by
One of the best books I have read. Highly recommended
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £6.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £10.77
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.