All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining the key Western traditions of thinking about and being a consumer, this 20th Anniversary Edition continues to explore 10 consumer models and encourages analysis of contemporary consumerism.
- Author BiographyTim Lang has been Professor of Food Policy at City University's Centre for Food Policy since 2002. With a PhD in Social Psychology from Leeds University he became a hill farmer in Lancashire, North of England, in the 1970s. Over the last four decades he has engaged in public and academic research and debate about food policy: what sort of food system do we want? What do we mean by progress? He has written and co-written 10 books and many reports and papers on the trends, problems and policy frameworks in the food system. A constant theme is how public health, environment, social justice and consumer rights do and don't connect. Besides his academic work, he has been an advisor to many bodies including the World Health Organisation, the EU Environment Commissioner, the Mayor of London and many civil society organisations. He was the UK Government's Sustainable Development Commissioner for food and land use in 2006-11. All this enquiry and engagement spawned and retains his keen interest in the issues analysed in The Unmanageable Consumer.
- Author(s)Tim Lang,Yiannis Gabriel
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £144.99
- £46.55Trending at £57.36
- £43.36Trending at £45.90
- £14.44Trending at £15.86
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
- £17.91Trending at £18.14
- £12.83Trending at £15.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.