All listings for this product
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £39.99Trending at £47.09
- £23.39Trending at £24.98
- £7.59Trending at £9.99
- £8.99Trending at £12.99
- £7.36Trending at £9.99
- £9.15Trending at £12.34
- £19.28Trending at £21.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe author is one of the leading public intellectuals in today's Italy, both as an outstanding philosopher and political thinker and as now three times (and currently) the mayor of Venice. This title offers a collection of essays on political topics provides the best introduction in English to his thought to date.
- Author BiographyMassimo Cacciari has been Dean of Philosophy at the Universita San Raffaele in Milan and has served three times as mayor of Venice. He was also a member of the European Parliament in 1999. His books in English include Architecture and Nihilism, Posthumous People, The Necessary Angel, and The Unpolitical. Alessandro Carrera is Director of Italian Studies and Graduate Director of World Cultures & Literatures at the University of Houston. He has edited Italian Critical Theory (Annali d'Italianistica, 29), and Music and Society in Italy (Forum Italicum, 49). Massimo Verdicchio is professor of Italian and comparative literature at the University of Alberta. He is the author of Naming Things, Reading Dante Reading, and The Poetics of Dante's Paradiso.
- Author(s)Massimo Cacciari
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAlessandro Carrera
- Translated byMassimo Verdicchio
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.