All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £3.12Trending at £5.99
- £13.77Trending at £19.99
- £31.44Trending at £50.88
- £16.47Trending at £25.02
- £9.80Trending at £16.59
- £9.20Trending at £13.05
- £13.51Trending at £19.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe baby abandoned on the doorstep is a phenomenon that has virtually disappeared from our experience, but in the early modern world, unwanted children were a very real problem for parents, government officials, and society. This work recreates sixteenth-century Nuremberg to explore what befell abandoned, neglected, abused, or delinquent children.
- Author BiographyJoel F. Harrington is assistant provost for international affairs and associate professor of history at Vanderbilt University. His books include Reordering Marriage and Society in Reformation Germany.
- Author(s)Joel F. Harrington
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note64 halftones, 9 line drawings
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.