All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Value of Comparison Peter van der Veer highlights anthropology's continuing ability to gain insights on the whole through the comparative study of the particular and unique while critiquing the quantitative social sciences for their sweeping generalizations.
- Author BiographyPeter van der Veer is Director at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity at Gottingen, Germany and Distinguished University Professor at Utrecht University. He is the author of several books, including The Modern Spirit of Asia: The Spiritual and the Secular in China and India.
- Author(s)Peter van der Veer
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Lewis Henry Morgan Lectures
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byThomas Gibson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.