Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.03
- £4.46Trending at £4.99
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £10.49Trending at £12.34
- £12.55Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vandals is the first book available in the English language dedicated to exploring the sudden rise and dramatic fall of this complex North African Kingdom. This complete history provides a full account of the Vandals and re-evaluates key aspects of the society.
- Author BiographyAndy Merrills is an RCUK Research Fellow at the School of Archaeology and Ancient History, University of Leicester. His work has focused largely upon the history of late Antique North Africa and upon geographical thought within the classical and medieval worlds. He is author of History and Geography in Late Antiquity (2005) and editor of Vandals, Romans and Berbers: New Perspectives on Late Antique North Africa (2004). Richard Miles is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Classics and Ancient History at the University of Sydney. His research has centred primarily upon the history and archaeology of Punic, Roman and late Antique North Africa. He is author of African Hercules: The Rise and Fall of Carthage (2009), and editor of Constructing Identities in Late Antiquity (1999).
- Author(s)Andrew Merrills,Richard Miles
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/2010
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitlePeoples of Europe
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight670 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.