All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is happening in a world where a 41-year-old scriptwriter who despises sport becomes the greatest athlete who ever lived, and the Virgin Mary tangles with the Peace Corps? From England to the Philippines, from the Middle East to South America, these stories portray a world far stranger and less governed than we might care to admit.
- Author BiographyJames Hamilton-Paterson is the author of the bestselling Empire of the Clouds, which was hailed as a classic account of the golden age of British aviation. He won a Whitbread Prize for his first novel, Gerontius, and among his many other celebrated books are Seven-Tenths, one of the finest books written in recent times about the oceans, the satirical trilogy that began with Cooking with Fernet Branca, and the autobiographical Playing With Water. Born and educated in England, he has lived in the Philippines and Italy and now makes his home in Austria.
- Author(s)James Hamilton-Paterson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £4.78
- £1.63Trending at £2.20
- £2.57Trending at £2.79
- £5.47Trending at £5.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.85
- £4.08Trending at £4.17
- £3.43Trending at £4.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.