All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book challenges traditional assumptions about the nature of Viking settlement in the Inner Hebrides and will be of interest to researchers, students and amateur historians of Place-Name Studies, Viking Studies, Scottish Medieval History, Scottish Studies and Scandinavian Cultural History.
- Author BiographyAlan Macniven is a lecturer in the department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Edinburgh. He is responsible for honours and postgraduate courses in Viking Studies, Old Norse Studies, and the Material Culture of Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic Scotland, and has organised a number of conferences and seminars on similar themes. His research to date has focused on Scandinavian place-names in Scotland and their value as indicators of cultural change.
- Author(s)Alan Macniven
- PublisherJohn Donald Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Donald Short Run Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £9.50Trending at £10.75
- £14.72Trending at £20.17
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £11.18Trending at £14.99
- £12.86Trending at £14.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.