All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the world of viruses and points the way forward, examining how technologies can be brought to bear in the most remote areas of the world to neutralize these viruses and even harness their power for the good of humanity. This title reveals how viruses and human beings have evolved side by side through history; and more.
- Author BiographyNathan Wolfe is the Lorry I. Lokey Visiting Professor in Human Biology at Stanford University and Director of Global Viral Forecasting, a pandemic early warning system which monitors the spillover of novel infectious agents from animals into humans. Wolfe has been published in or profiled by Nature, Science, The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Economist, Wired, Discover, Scientific American, NPR, Popular Science, Seed, and Forbes. Wolfe was the recipient of a Fulbright fellowship in 1997 and was awarded the National Institutes of Health (NIH) International Research Scientist Development Award in 1999 and the prestigious NIH Director's Pioneer Award in 2005.
- PrizesShortlisted for Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books 2012.
- Author(s)Nathan D. Wolfe
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2011
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Out-of-print date12/06/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight419 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £10.71Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.25
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.