All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.09
- £21.70Trending at £22.06
- £22.55Trending at £23.38
- £27.19Trending at £29.68
- £21.52Trending at £22.49
- £19.77Trending at £21.59
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines how volunteers and non-profit programs encourage institutional change in prisons and offer individual support and services to people who are housed behind bars. Collectively, the chapters highlight beneficial practices while raising critical questions about the role of the voluntary sector in prison and reentry settings.
- Author BiographyLaura S. Abrams is Professor of Social Welfare at the Luskin School of Public Affairs at UCLA, California, USA. She is the author of Compassionate Confinement: A Year in the Life of Unit C (2013) and Life After Juvie: Young Men and Women on Desistance, Survival, and Becoming an Adult (forthcoming). Emma Hughes is Associate Professor of Criminology at California State University, Fresno, USA. She is the author of the book Education in Prison: Studying through Distance Learning (2012). She has contributed book chapters on offender rehabilitation to edited volumes and previously lectured at Birmingham City University, UK. Michelle Inderbitzin is Associate Professor of Sociology in the School of Public Policy at Oregon State University, USA. She is the lead author of the books Deviance and Social Control: A Sociological Perspective (2013) and Perspectives on Deviance and Social Control (2015).Rosie Meek is Professor, Chartered Psychologist, and Head of the Law School at Royal Holloway University of London, UK. She is the author of Sport in Prison (2014) and is a Fulbright distinguished scholar, University of California, San Diego, USA.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Prisons and Penology
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note8 Tables, black and white; 3 Illustrations, color; XIX, 374 p. 3 illus. in color.
- Weight642 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byEmma Hughes,Laura S. Abrams,Michelle Inderbitzin,Rosie Meek
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.