Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £14.99Trending at £18.62
- £7.99Trending at £9.99
- £13.23Trending at £15.89
- £4.54Trending at £4.64
- £11.20Trending at £12.08
- £9.09Trending at £9.99
- £5.98Trending at £6.99
About this product
- DescriptionEdward's highly principled world is turned upside down when his father reveals that he has been illegally speculating with clients' money. To make matters worse, he soon discovers his scandal-fearing family would perpetuate the crime rather than risk public dishonour. This work is a portrait of an upper middle class family.
- Author BiographyHarvey Granville Barker (1877-1946) started his career in the theatre by working for his mother sing ing and performing in platform and drawing room recitations. Once he was established, he did more th an anyone else to change the theatre of his day. In 1899 he joined the committee to campaign for a N ational Theatre and directed plays including Galsworthy's Strife and translated Arthur Schnitzler's Anatol. He visited Stanislavsky's theatre in Moscow and brought his ideas back to England, revolutio nising English theatrical development. He set up the Court theatre (1904-1907), was a champion of th e work of Bernard Shaw and wrote the ground breaking work Prefaces to Shakespeare.
- Author(s)Harley Granville-Barker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/04/2006
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight110 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.