All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the World Cup circus came to town it jolted South Africa out of its insular navel-gazing and roused a nation. Defying the sceptics and the Afro-pessimists - both at home and abroad - we put on a great show not just for South Africa, but for the whole continent.
- Author BiographyRichard Calland is a Constitutional Lawyer and political analyst. Associate Professor of Public Law at the University of Cape Town and Director of Idasa's Economic Governance Programme, he is also Secretary-General of the African Network of Constitutional Lawyers and a founder member of the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC). Calland's political column, Contretemps, has appeared in the Mail & Guardian since September 2001. His previous books include Anatomy of South Africa: Who Holds the Power? (2006). Lawson Naidoo is a lawyer, a freelance consultant and an entrepreneur. He was special advisor to Dr Frene Ginwala, the Speaker of the first democratically elected Parliament of South Africa, Deputy Secretary to the Pikoli Inquiry and is currently Executive Secretary of the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution. Andrew Whaley writes plays for stage, screen and radio. He travels to East and West Africa to make radio serial dramas. His play, The Rise and Shine of Comrade Fiasco, was published in the first Methuen Anthology of Contemporary African Theatre. He wrote a memoir of South African pop legend, Brenda Fassie. His latest play, Banished, was commissioned and broadcast by BBC Radio 3. By night, Calland, Naidoo and Whaley run 3Play Productions, an independent film company, whose debut documentary, Black Stars: An African Footballing Odyssey, was commissioned and screened by Channel 4 in the UK in 2008, and aired by DStv's Mzansi channel in 2010. Their latest production, The Rise and Fall of a Party called COPE, is currently in meltdown - like its subject.
- Author(s)Andrew Whaley,Lawson Naidoo,Richard Calland
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width150 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £28.95Trending at £34.39
- £22.69Trending at £30.00
- £12.77Trending at £14.10
- £12.69Trending at £16.15
- £20.77Trending at £29.90
- £16.78Trending at £19.93
- £10.84Trending at £16.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.