All listings for this product
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £16.91Trending at £17.38
- £34.10Trending at £48.38
- £35.39Trending at £42.50
- £31.97Trending at £33.70
- £7.99Trending at £11.49
- £5.65Trending at £7.09
- £20.41Trending at £25.98
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the American League's eight charter franchises, the club was founded in Washington, DC, in 1901 as the Washington Senators. In 1905 the team changed its name to the Washington Nationals. But, fans and newspapers persisted in using the 'Senators' nickname. This title tells the story of this baseball team.
- Author BiographyShirley Povich (1905-1998) was a sports reporter, sports editor, and columnist for the Washington Post for seventy-six years. He was elected to the National Sportswriters Hall of Fame, received the Baseball Writers Association of America's J. G. Taylor Spink Award, and is the only sportswriter to receive the National Press Club's Fourth Estate Award.
- Author(s)Shirley Povich
- PublisherKent State University Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2010
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleWriting Sports Series
- Place of PublicationKent, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKent State University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Foreword byRichard Peterson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.