CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleEnvironment, Development and Public Policy: Cities and Development
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight866 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byWayne W. Carmichael
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1981
- Table Of ContentsI. Review of Toxic Algae.- Freshwater Blue-green Algae (Cyanobacteria) Toxins - A Review.- Toxins from Marine Blue-green Algae.- Poisons Produced by Dinoflagellates - A Review.- The Toxic Principles of Prymnesium parvum.- II. Occurrence and Ecology of Toxic Cyanobacteria.- Studies on the Ecology, Growth and Physiology of Toxic Microcystis aeruginosa in South Africa.- Autecological Studies on Microcystis.- Is a Plasmid(s) Involved in the Toxicity of Microcystis aeruginosa?.- A Toxic Bloom of Anabaena flos-aquae in Hebgen Reservoir Montana in 1977.- Morphology of Toxic versus Non-Toxic Strains of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae.- The Occurrence of Toxic Cyanophyte Blooms in Australia.- The Recent Blue-green Algal Blooms of Long Lake, Washington.- The Mosaic Nature of Toxic Blooms of Cyanobacteria.- III. Culturing Methods and Reports of New Toxic Species.- Collection, Purification, and Culture of Cyanobacteria.- Culture of Planktonic Cyanophytes on Agar.- The Effect of Physico-chemical Factors on Growth Relevant to Mass Culture of Axenic Microcystis.- Preliminary Tests of Toxicity of Synechocystis sp. Grown on Wastewater Medium.- Chemical Nature and Mode of Action of a Toxin from Pandorina morum.- IV. Public Health and Toxic Cyanobacteria.- Water-Associated Human Illness in Northeast Pennsylvania and Its Suspected Association with Blue-green Algae Blooms.- Some Aspects Concerning Remote After-effects of Blue-green Algae Toxin Impact on Warm-blooded Animals.- Temporal Association between an Algal Bloom and Mutagenicity in a Water Reservoir.- Cyanobacteria and Endotoxins in Drinking Water Supplies.- Potential for Groundwater Contamination by Algal Endotoxins.- V. Isolation, Physiology, Toxicology and Detection of Cyanobacteria Toxins.- Toxicity Studies with Blue-green Algae from Norwegian Inland Waters.- Isolation, Characterization and Pathology of the Toxin from the Blue-green Alga Microcystis aeruginosa.- Toxicological Studies on Microcystis.- Effects of a Hepatic Toxin from the Cyanophyte Microcystis aeruginosa.- Studies on Aphantoxin from Aphanizomenon flos-aquae in New Hampshire.- Chemical Studies on Toxins from the Blue-green Alga Aphanizomenon flos-aquae.- Studies on the Fluorometric Determination of the Toxins of the Blue-green Alga Aphanizomenon flos-aquae.- A Fluorometric Technique for the Detection and Determination of Paralytic Shellfish Poisons.- Simplified Monitoring of Anatoxin-A by Reverse-Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography and the Sub-acute Effects of Anatoxin-A in Rats.- Isolation and Characterization of Endotoxin from Cyanobacteria (Blue-green Algae).- Directory to the Literature on Toxic Cyanobacteria (Blue-green Algae).- List of Contributors.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.