All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the era of the divine right of kings, the last period when kingship was a vital political institution. Identifies the assassinations of Henry III and Henry IV of France as the start of serious challenges to royal sovereignty, with the execution of Charles I of England representing the decisiive repudiation of sacral kingship.
- Author BiographyFrancis Oakley is the Edward Dorr Griffin Professor of the History of Ideas, Emeritus, at Williams College. He is also President Emeritus of the College and of the American Council of Learned Societies.
- Author(s)Francis Oakley
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2015
- Series TitleThe Emergence of Western Political Thought in the Latin Middle Ages
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.