CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the press invariably referred to Bobby Verwey as 'Gary Player's brother-in-law' throughout his long career, Bobby's own hard-won golfing achievements deserve acclaim, as this autobiography, co-written with his partner Nina Naude, makes clear.
- Author BiographyThe 58 year-old author of The Way It Was, Nina Naude, is the life partner of the golf pro Bobby Verwey whom this biography was written about. They both retired to Ramsgate, Kwa-Zulu Natal, about three years ago, where they are enjoying a sea view, wonderful climate and trips to the many game reserves. Having listened to all his stories over a period of time, she decided that it will give closure to so many things that have happened in his life. Partly about the complicated relationship he had with Gary Player, his brother-in-law, but also all the humorous, sad and unheard of stories about golfers and what happened over a forty-year period. With the help of freelance editor Lea Jacobs, who wrote the SA soccer star, Gary Bailey's biography, the editing was done and the book became a reality. Nina Naude has traveleld extensively and her love for books and the written word has given life to this book and helped to put Bobby's memories on paper. She has written a few short stories in the past, but not much else. She also had her own gardening column in a Cape Town newspaper a few years ago. She is in the process of opening her own photographic studio where she will express her love for people and children in another form. Apart from her two children, it will be one of her biggest achievements to see a book she has spent so many hours on, on the shelves. In the process it will also give Bobby Verwey true recognition for what he has done in the golfing world.
- Author(s)Nina Naude
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/08/2016
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.