Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £22.27Trending at £23.75
- £17.90Trending at £18.81
- £21.83Trending at £29.70
- £12.99Trending at £13.28
- £11.57Trending at £13.40
- £10.91Trending at £14.18
- £8.91Trending at £10.04
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the ethical and economic importance of production animal well-being and pain management. This book offers veterinarians, veterinary and agriculture students, animal scientists, and food animal producers both practical methods to enhance farm animal well-being, and greater understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of those methods.
- Author BiographyG. John Benson, DVM, MS, is a professor and Chief of Anesthesiology in Veterinary Clinical Medicine at the University of Illinois, Urbana. Dr. Benson also holds joint appointments in the Department s of Veterinary Pathobiology (Comparative Medicine Division) and Veterinary Biosciences (Pharmacology Division). Bernard E. Rollin, PhD, is University Distinguished Professor and Professor of Philosophy, Physiology, and Animal Sciences , as well as University Bioethicist at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Dr. Rollin is the founder of the fields of veterinary medical ethics and is a principal architect of laws protecting laboratory animals. He addressed animal welfare as the keynote speaker at the 2003 American Dairy Science Association/American Society of Animal Science joint meeting.
- Author(s)Bernard E. Rollin,G. John Benson
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2004
- GenreVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Note94
- Weight797 g
- Width180 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.