Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.77Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Western Karo Batak's Lost Creation Myth Jean Paul Barbier-Mueller explains how the western Karo Batak of northern Sumatra once viewed the cosmos as divided into three worlds - Upper, Middle and Lower. This is a joint publication of the Fondation Musee Barbier-Mueller (Geneva) and Brill.
- Author BiographyJean Paul Barbier-Mueller holds a Master degree in law. He is a jurist and a historian. Born in Geneva in 1930 he founded the Barbier-Mueller Museum in 1977. He carried out many field studies in Batak country from 1974 to 1996 inventorying stone monuments in the Upper Barus region and collecting information and genealogies. He discovered the Karo Batak in 1990. He is the author of numerous articles and books above all on the Toba Batak.
- Author(s)Jean Paul Barbier-Mueller
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight406 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.