The White Man's Burdens: Anthology of British Poetry of the Empire by University of Exeter Press (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.79Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by oxfam_f3728_wallingford
- Est. delivery by 29 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, The White Man's Burdens offers a cross-section of British poetry in which the Empire was the burden of the song. The material, much of it previously uncollected, is drawn from a broad cultural spectrum that includes narrative poetry, heroic verse, patriotic ballads, music hall monologues, and poems from Punch.
- Author BiographyPeter Faulkner is Reader in Modern English Literature, University of Exeter. He is currently editor of the Journal of the William Morris Society. The late Chris Brooks was Senior Lecturer in Victorian Studies, University of Exeter. He was also national Chair of the Victorian Society and a Trustee of the Albert Memorial.
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1996
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Weight550 g
- Width132 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChris Brooke,Chris Brooks,Peter Faulkner
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.58Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.