All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £8.84Trending at £12.98
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £31.88Trending at £40.14
- £12.58Trending at £19.10
- £14.54Trending at £19.34
- £19.44Trending at £30.24
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an authoritative and highly accessible reference to the major people, events, and issues that have shaped Europe's development from the time of the French Revolution to the opening of the 21st century. This comprehensive guide features almost 1,000 encyclopedic entries, written by a trio of distinguished historians.
- Author BiographyNicholas Atkin was Professor of History and Head of the School of Humanities at the University of Reading and the author or editor of several books on European issues. At the time of his death in 2009, he had just published Themes in Modern European History, 1890-1945, co-edited with Michael Biddiss. Michael Biddiss is Emeritus Professor of History at the University of Reading, and a former President of the Historical Association. He is the author, co-author, or co-editor of numerous books and articles on modern Europe. Frank Tallett is Head of the School of Humanities at the University of Reading, and Co-Director of its Centre for the Advanced Study of French History. A Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, he is also the author or co-author of several books, including Priests, Prelates and People: A History of European Catholicism from 1750 to the Present (2003).
- Author(s)Frank Tallett,Michael Biddiss,Nicholas Atkin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Notemaps
- Weight1112 g
- Width180 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine42 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.