All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeads on from the discovery of Homo Erectus, that this being was an animal trapped in a human body and had mastered the trick of growing a large brain. But to Walker's surprise the being was speechless, challenging the existing theory that the language acquisition marks the origins of man.
- Author BiographyPat Shipman is an anthropologist at Pennsylvania State University.
- PrizesWinner of Science Books Prize 1997.
- Author(s)Alan Walker,Pat Shipman
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication06/05/1997
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date20/12/2005
- Content Note8pp b&w illustration
- Weight284 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £33.06Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.93Trending at £8.24
- £9.50Trending at £10.71
- £25.51Trending at £37.19
- £19.20Trending at £29.99
- £6.57Trending at £10.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.