All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first fully-fledged English translation of perhaps Archimedes' most attractive mathematical work, with comments on his scientific style.
- Author BiographyReviel Netz is Professor of Classics at Stanford University, California, and is the leading scholar of Archimedes today. He has published numerous articles and books, many of which have led to new directions in the study of the history of science, including The Shaping of Deduction in Greek Mathematics (Cambridge, 1999), The Transformation of Mathematics in the Early Mediterranean World (Cambridge, 2004), and Ludic Proof (Cambridge, 2009). He is also producing a complete new translation of and commentary on the works of Archimedes.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2017
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note41 b/w illus. 5 tables
- Weight570 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byReviel Netz
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.07
- £13.79Trending at £20.08
- £23.44Trending at £40.18
- £9.70Trending at £10.25
- £20.62Trending at £29.99
- £4.45Trending at £5.01
- £7.38Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.