Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £14.15Trending at £22.06
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionA theoretical and empirical introduction to urban sociology. In clear terms, the book surveys and critiques all the major theoretical perspectives in urban studies. It examines the meanings of place and space, and applies these concepts to contemporary cities, communities and neighbourhoods.
- Author BiographyAnthony M. Orum is Professor of Sociology and Political Science at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He is the author of City-Building in America (1995) and Introduction to Political Sociology (4e, 2000), and co-editor of The Case for the Case Study (with Joe Feagin and Gideon Sjoberg, 1991) and Changing Societies (with John Johnstone and Stephanie Riger, 1999). Xiangming Chen is Associate Professor of Sociology at University of Illinois at Chicago and Research Fellow with the IC2 Institute at the University of Texas at Austin. He is interested in the comparative study of cities in the global context, with a primary focus on China and East Asia. He has published numerous articles on urban studies and is the author of the forthcoming From Barriers to Bridges (2003).
- Author(s)Anthony M. Orum,Leonard Nevarez,Xiangming Chen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2002
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series Title21st Century Sociology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.