All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe grey wolf is one of the world's most polarizing and charismatic species. Respected, adored, or held in awe by many as an icon of wilderness. This book offers a provocative look at the trends in wolf and wildlife management. It is of interest to conservationists, scientists, and wildlife managers seeking a better understanding of wolves.
- Author BiographyMarco Musiani is an associate professor of landscape ecology at the University of Calgary and is also affiliated with the University of Montana. He was born in Rome, the city of the famous she-wolf, and has conducted research and published internationally on wolf management. Currently, his research focuses on genetics and movements of wolves and other large mammals in Canada and the United States. Luigi Boitani is the head of the Department of Animal and Human Biology at the University of Rome and a leading authority on wolves. He has conducted an extended series of research and conservation projects on the Italian wolf population, which has recovered dramatically in the last thirty years. He has authored more than two hundred peer-reviewed scientific publications and eight books. Paul Paquet is an adjunct professor with the faculties of Biology and Environmental Design at the University of Calgary. Dr. Paquet has studied wolves for more than thirty-five years and is considered an authority on carnivore ecology with international research experience. He has published more than a hundred peer-reviewed articles. Dr. Paquet serves on various international government and NGO advisory committees and was the founder and director of the Central Rockies Wolf Project in Canmore, Alberta.
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2010
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Notecolour photos, tables & charts
- Weight641 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Edited byLuigi Boitani,Marco Musiani,Paul Paquet
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.99
- £6.80Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £19.03Trending at £19.65
- £7.00Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.