CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £14.15Trending at £22.06
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionGives students a look into the practicalities of the counseling profession, providing them with an overview of the field including a foundation in the skills, theories, and day-to-day realities of the job. This book presents the key concepts and material about the counseling profession.
- Author BiographyEdward S. Neukrug is the former Chair of the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling and currently Professor of Counseling and Human Services at Old Dominion University, Dr. Edward S. Neukrug has taught counselor education and human services for over thirty years. In addition, he has worked as a substance abuse counselor, a counselor at a crisis center, an outpatient therapist at a mental health center, an associate school psychologist, a school counselor, and as a private practice psychologist and licensed professional counselor. Dr. Neukrug has written dozens of articles and chapters in books, has authored eight books, and was the editor of THE SAGE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THEORY IN COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY. Books he has written include: EXPERIENCING THE WORLD OF THE COUNSELOR: A WORKBOOK FOR COUNSELOR EDUCATORS AND STUDENTS (4th Edition); COUNSELING THEORY AND PRACTICE; SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR HUMAN SERVICE PROFESSIONALS; and ESSENTIALS OF TESTING AND ASSESSMENT FOR COUNSELORS, SOCIAL WORKERS, AND PSYCHOLOGISTS (3rd Edition). He has also developed DVDs that demonstrate counseling skills and techniques, an interactive website where users can meet major theorists of counseling and psychotherapy and learn more about them and their theories (www.odu.edu/~enekrug), and an interactive survey where one can identify his or her view of human nature (http://ww2.odu.edu/~enekrug/therapists/survey.html).
- Author(s)Edward S. Neukrug
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/08/2006
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1235 g
- Width210 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.