All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £30.68Trending at £40.79
About this product
- DescriptionThe Worlds of Carol Shields is the first book to examine Shields' extraordinary career and life through the lens both of close friends and of literary critics.
- Author BiographyProfessor of English at the University of Ottawa, David Staines specializes in medieval literature and culture and Canadian literature and culture. In the former, he has published Tennyson's Camelot: The Idylls of the King and Its Medieval Sources, and translated The Complete Romances of Chretien de Troyes; in the latter, he published The Canadian Imagination: Dimensions of a Literary Culture, The Forty-Ninth and Other Parallels: Contemporary Canadian Perspectives, and The Letters of Stephen Leacock. He has also edited volumes on Morley Callaghan, Stephen Leacock and Margaret Laurence, and co-edited volumes of the writings of Northrop Frye and Marshall McLuhan. A long-time friend of Carol Shields, he wrote Carol Shields: Cultural Context, a part of Library and Archives Canada's Web exhibition Canadian Writers.
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleReappraisals: Canadian Writers
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid Staines
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.