Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £23.11Trending at £30.99
- £23.15Trending at £44.52
- £5.62Trending at £6.01
- £5.36Trending at £7.99
- £2.74Trending at £5.00
- £6.72Trending at £10.01
About this product
- DescriptionYards, crofts, ginnels and lanes are found in many northern towns. Kendal's yards are special and fascinating to residents and visitors alike. They are a characteristic feature of the town and demonstrate the lively history of the people who lived and worked in them. This history of Kendal's yards is the first detailed, in-depth study of them.
- Author BiographyTREVOR HUGHES is an Executive Council member of Kendal Civic Society, responsible for their publications and a Guided Historical Walks Leader around Kendal (for over 25 years). He was educated at Kendal Grammar School and now gives illustrated talks and lectures about Kendal's history and, although now retired, has helped Kendal Town Council with their publications and exhibitions. He has published several books about Kendal and collaborated with many other local authors: e.g. `Historic Kendal' (2005), `Kendal A History & Celebration' (2005), `The Oxenholme Hounds' (2009), `Images of Kendal' (2006), and many others published by the Civic Society. ARTHUR R. NICHOLLS is Vice President of the Kendal Civic Society. A prolific author with many titles in his portfolio covering many subjects, he still regularly contributes many historic articles on local history to the `Westmorland Gazette', a commitment he has done over many years. He has published, through the Civic Society, numerous booklets on all aspects of Kendal which in 2016 was compiled into a large 489-page volume (`Aspects of Kendal') by Trevor Hughes to be sold to members, the Library, the Cumbria Archives and the general public.
- Author(s)Arthur Nicholls,Trevor Hughes
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication26/10/2017
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note220 black and white illustrations
- Weight425 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.