All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book describes the life of a young artillery officer who was in almost every significant battle of the Great War in France and Flanders from 1914 to 1918.
- Author BiographyDavid Hutchison is recently retired and has always regretted not reading history when he was at Cambridge University. He was delighted to have the opportunity to study a huge collection of family papers he discovered, all unread for a 100 years, and containing not only over a thousand letters, but journals, maps, order papers and medal citations, all pertaining to family members on the Western Front in WW1. Over the last two years, he has transcribed the papers, travelled to Flanders many times and researched the documentation in military libraries and the National Archives.
- Author(s)David Hutchison
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/09/2016
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementUK ed.
Most relevant reviews
- langhamlad03 Dec, 2016by
Excellent account of life on the front line
This book describes the life led by officers and men who were doing the actual fighting. The tiredness, mental strain and difficulty of communication are all well illustrated. I have read a number of books about battles in which the Royal Artillery took part but this book gave me the first real insight into what life was like for my grandfather and four great uncles.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £10.97Trending at £12.38
- £12.83Trending at £19.89
- £4.06Trending at £7.29
- £8.44Trending at £15.99
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
- £42.13Trending at £66.03