All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Theaetetus is a seminal text in the philosophy of knowledge, acknowledged as one of Plato's finest works. Cast as a conversation between Socrates and a student, Theaetetus, it explores the key philosophical issue: what is knowledge? This new edition combines the acclaimed translation by John McDowell with a valuable introduction and notes.
- Author BiographyJohn McDowell taught at University College, Oxford before moving to Pittsburgh in 1986. He was the John Locke Lecturer at the University of Oxford in 1991. His publications include Mind and World (1994), Mind, Value, and Reality (1998), and Meaning, Knowledge, and Reality (1998), all Harvard University Press. His edition of Plato's Theaetetus was published in the Clarendon Plato series in 1973. Lesley Brown was Centenary Fellow and Tutor in Philosophy at Somerville College, and a University Lecturer in the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Oxford; she is now an emeritus fellow. She has published widely on Plato's dialogues, notably the Theaetetus and Sophist, as well as on Aristotle. She wrote the Introduction and Notes for the new edition of Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics in OWC (2009).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight160 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byJohn McDowell
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £5.19Trending at £6.99
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £0.99Trending at £6.99
- £7.62Trending at £10.49
- £10.14Trending at £10.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.