All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the heart of the book, however, are the present-day inhabitants of these shores. Descended from last-hope Irishmen, outlaws, navy deserters and fishermen from Jersey and Dorset, these 'outporters' are a warm, salty, witty and exuberant breed.
- Author BiographyJohn Gimlette is a well-established travel writer, having won the Shiva Naipaul Memorial Prize and the Wanderlust Travel Writing Award. He writes regularly for a number of broadsheets. His first book, At the Tomb of the Inflatable Pig: Travels through Paraguay, was published in 2003 to massive critical acclaim. When not probing the extreme corners of the Earth he practises as a barrister in London.
- Author(s)John Gimlette
- Date of Publication03/02/2005
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2005
- Out-of-print date12/01/2011
- Weight664 g
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £13.78
- £3.99Trending at £6.98
- £11.33Trending at £14.47
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
- £11.51Trending at £11.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.