All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £20.82Trending at £24.99
- £23.02Trending at £23.26
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £24.56Trending at £26.98
- £28.65Trending at £31.98
- £19.48Trending at £19.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume shows how the dynamics of meso-structures and cultures are driven by macro- and micro-level forces pushing on individual and collective actors as they build corporate units and develop parameters defining membership in particular social categories.
- Author BiographyJonathan H.Turner is Distinguished Professor of Sociology. He received his PhD from Cornell University in 1968, and since the 1969-1970 academic year,he has been at UCR. Within the discipline, he is known primarily as a general theorist, although he has a number of more subtantive specialities,including: the sociology of emotions, ethnic relations, social institututions, social stratification, and bio-sociology. He has been Faculty Research Lecturer at UCR, and in the profession, he has been president of the Pacific Sociological Association and California Sociological Association. He is also a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He has lectured widely all over the world, and he has been a visiting professor at Cambridge University, UK, Universitat Bremen, Germany, Universitat Bielefeld, German, Shandong University and Nan Kai University, Peoples Republic at China.
- Author(s)Jonathan H. Turner
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/05/2012
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight830 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.