Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.45Trending at £8.98
- £7.91Trending at £8.98
- £6.79Trending at £6.91
- £13.86Trending at £14.91
- £17.18Trending at £19.95
- £10.00Trending at £12.37
- £14.56Trending at £16.52
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Losee looks at rejected scientific theories through an analysis of case studies from the history of science. Each excerpt is of sufficient length to make clear the particular evaluative problem under consideration, and each discussion of scientific evaluative practice includes what scientists and philosophers have written on the topic.
- Author BiographyJohn Losee is emeritus professor of philosophy at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania. His published works include A Historical Introduction to the Philosophy of Science, Fourth Edition, which has been translated into eleven languages; Philosophy of Science and Historical Enquiry; and Theories of Scientific Progress.
- Author(s)John Losee
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2005
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.