CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.66
- £14.98Trending at £16.68
- £13.02Trending at £20.00
- £10.99Trending at £12.55
- £2.81Trending at £3.96
- £4.99Trending at £8.80
- £4.57Trending at £5.00
About this product
- DescriptionVolume two of Theorizing Rituals mainly consists of an annotated bibliography of more than 400 items covering those books, edited volumes and essays that are considered most relevant for the field of ritual theory.
- Author BiographyJens Kreinath (Dr. phil.) is affiliated to the Institute for Religious Studies at the University of Heidelberg and currently Visiting Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Wichita State University (U.S.A.). He co-edited The Dynamics of Changing Rituals (2004) and his publications includeSemiose des Rituals (2006). His research interests focus upon theoretical and methodological issues in the anthropology of religion in general and of Islam in particular. He is planning a publication on Ritual and Reflection: Tropes in Transformation and Transgression. Dr. Jan Snoek studied in Leiden (The Netherlands). In 1996 he held the Theodore Verhaegen Chair (Freemasonry) of the Free University of Brussels (ULB). Currently he teaches Sciences of Religions at the University of Heidelberg (Germany). He published widely about the development of masonic rituals. The edited volume Women's Agency and Rituals in Mixed and Female Masonic Orders (with Alexandra Heidle) will appear with Brill this year. In preparation is a monograph Transferring Masonic Rituals from Male to Mixed and Female Orders. Michael Stausberg (Dr. phil.) is professor of the History of Religions at the University of Bergen (Norway). His publications include Die Religion Zarathushtras (3 vols. 2002-2004) and he is the editor of Zoroastrian Rituals in Context (2004). Apart from essays on a variety of topics, Stausberg is currently preparing a monograph on the Zoroastrian priesthood in India (working title: Religion as Professional Practice) and an edited volume on contemporary theories of religion.
- Author(s)Jan Snoek,Jens Kreinath,Michael Stausberg
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1210 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.