All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Edward Neukrug
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight658 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement6th edition
- Table Of Contents1. Defining the Human Service Professional. 2. History and Current Issues in Human Services. 3. Standards in the Profession: Skill Standards, Credentialing, Program Accreditation, and Ethics. 4. Theoretical Approaches to Human Service Work. 5. The Helping Interview: Skills, Process, and Case Management. 6. Development of the Person. 7. Couples, Family, and Group Helping. 8. Organizational and Community Change and the Role of Consultation and Supervision. 9. Culturally Competent Helping and Diversity. 10. Working with Varied Client Populations. 11. Research, Evaluation, and Assessment. 12. Career Development, Processes, and Resources: Your Future in Human Services. Glossary. Appendix A: Websites of Professional Associations. Appendix B: Ethical Standards of Human Service Professionals. Appendix C: Overview of DSM-5 Diagnostic Categories. Appendix D: Consultation at a Mental Health Center.
- Author BiographyEdward S. Neukrug is the former Chair of the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling and currently Professor of Counseling and Human Services at Old Dominion University, Dr. Edward S. Neukrug has taught counselor education and human services for over thirty years. In addition, he has worked as a substance abuse counselor, a counselor at a crisis center, an outpatient therapist at a mental health center, an associate school psychologist, a school counselor, and as a private practice psychologist and licensed professional counselor. Dr. Neukrug has written dozens of articles and chapters in books, has authored eight books, and was the editor of THE SAGE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THEORY IN COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY. Books he has written include: EXPERIENCING THE WORLD OF THE COUNSELOR: A WORKBOOK FOR COUNSELOR EDUCATORS AND STUDENTS (4th Edition); COUNSELING THEORY AND PRACTICE; SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR HUMAN SERVICE PROFESSIONALS; and ESSENTIALS OF TESTING AND ASSESSMENT FOR COUNSELORS, SOCIAL WORKERS, AND PSYCHOLOGISTS (3rd Edition). He has also developed DVDs that demonstrate counseling skills and techniques, an interactive website where users can meet major theorists of counseling and psychotherapy and learn more about them and their theories (www.odu.edu/~enekrug), and an interactive survey where one can identify his or her view of human nature (http://ww2.odu.edu/~enekrug/therapists/survey.html).
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.69
- £9.95Trending at £10.14
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
- £11.61Trending at £15.00
- £7.58Trending at £11.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.