CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.33
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/05/2012
- Series TitleThe Lebedev Physics Institute Series
- Series Part/Volume Number61
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight657 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byD. V. Skobel Tsyn
- Table Of ContentsTheory of Oscillations and Stability of a Semiconductor Plasma with Low Carrier Density in a Strong Electric Field.- I. Homogeneous Semiconductor Plasma in a Strong Electric Field.- 1.1. Physical Meaning of the Instability Associated with a Negative Current-Voltage Characteristic.- 1.2. Basic Equations Describing a Seminconductor Plasma with Low Carrier Density.- 1.3. Oscillation Spectra of a Homogeneous Semiconductor Plasma in a Strong Electric Field.- 1.4. Effect of Diffusion on the Instability of a Semiconductor Plasma with Negative Current-Voltage Characteristic.- II Spatially Inhomogeneous Solid-State Plasma in External Fields.- 2.1. Equation of Small Oscillations of an Inhomogeneous Plasma with Low Carrier Density.- 2.2. Spectrum of Short-Wave Oscillations of an Inhomogeneous Solid-State Plasma.- 2.3. Surface Waves in a Solid-State Plasma in the Absence of a Magnetic Field.- 2.4. Surface Waves in a Bounded Magnetized Plasma with Current.- Literature Cited.- Nonlinear Theory of the Interaction of Waves in a Plasma.- Preface.- Notation.- I. Fundamentals of the Nonlinear Electrodynamics of a Medium with Time and Spatial Dispersion.- 1. The Electromagnetic Field Equations and the Material Equation..- 2. Multi-Index Permittivity Tensors and Truncated Equations of the Electromagnetic Field.- 3. Averaging of the Truncated Equations of the Electromagnetic Field with Respect to the Statistical Ensemble.- 4. Discussion of Results. Equation for the Frequencies of Interacting Electromagnetic Waves.- II Multi-Index Permittivity Tensors of a Homogeneous Isotropic Plasma.- 5. Solution of the Kinetic Equation for an Isotropic Plasma as a Power Series in the Self-Consistent Field.- 6. Permittivity Tensor of an Isotropic Plasma as the Simplest Example of the Multi-Index Tensor ?ij1...jn for n = 1. Spectra and Polarization of the Characteristic Oscillations of an Isotropic Plasma.- 7. Three-Index Tensor Sijs (?, k; ?', k') in an Isotropic Plasma.- 8. The Four-Index Tensor Viajb (?, k; ?', k') in an Isotropic Plasma.- III. Examples of Nonlinear Processes in an Isotropic Plasma.- 9. Nonlinear Interaction of Longitudinal Oscillations of an Isotropic Plasma.- 10. Nonlinear Interaction of Longitudinal and Transverse Oscillations in an Isotropic Plasma.- 11. Nonlinear Interaction of Transverse Characteristic Oscillations of an Isotropic Plasma.- 12. Effective Cross Sections of Various Scattering Processes in an Isotropic Plasma.- 13. Corrections to the Spectra of the Characteristic Oscillations of an Isotropic Plasma due to Nonlinear Interaction.- 14. Nonlinear Interaction of Characteristic Oscillations of a Plasma and the Theory of the Scattering of Electromagnetic Waves on Fluctuations of the Plasma.- IV. Multi-Index Tensors of the Complex Permittivity of a Homogeneous Magnetoactive Plasma.- 15. Solution of the Transport Equation for a Magnetoactive Plasma in the Form of a Power Series in the Self-Consistent Electric Field.- 16. Permittivity Tensor of a Magnetoactive Plasma as the Simplest Example of the Multi-Index Tensor for n = 1.- 17. The Inverse Tensor (3.17) and the Spectral Function of the Electric Fields of the Characteristic Oscillations of a Magnetoactive Plasma.- 18. Quasilongitudinal Oscillations of a Magnetoactive Plasma. Spectra and Spectral Functions.- 19. Three-Index Tensor Sijs (?, k; ?', k') in a Magnetoactive Plasma.- 20. Four-Index Tensor Viajb (?, k; ?', k') in a Magnetoactive Plasma.- 21. Conservation Laws in the Nonlinear Interaction of Plasma Oscillations as a Consequence of the Symmetry of the Multi-Index Tensors.- V. Specific Nonlinear Processes in a Magnetoactive Plasma.- 22. Decay of Quasilongitudinal Characteristic Oscillations of an Isothermal Magnetoactive Plasma.- 23. Decay of Quasilongitudinal Characteristic Oscillations of a Nonisothermal Magnetoactive Plasma.- 24. Induced Combination Scattering of High-Frequency Transverse Waves in a Cold Magnetoactive Plasma.- 25. Induced Scattering of Low-Frequency Quasilon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.