Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.34Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionTherapeutic Exercise for Musculoskeletal Injuries, Third Edition, contains an extensive explanation of the science and application involved in developing safe therapeutic programs for the general population as well as individualized programs for specific audiences.
- Author BiographyPeggy A. Houglum, PhD, ATC, PT, is an associate professor at the Rangos School of Health Sciences at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh. She has nearly 40 years of experience providing patient and athlete care in a variety of settings, including university athletic training facilities, sports medicine clinics, rehabilitation hospitals, acute care hospitals, burn care, workers' compensation clinics, and extended care facilities. She has also served as an athletic trainer with the United States Olympic Sports Festivals, Olympic Games, and World University Games.Houglum's extensive background as a certified athletic trainer, physical therapist, clinical and classroom educator, and program director provides her with a unique perspective on the appropriate use of therapeutic exercise techniques in rehabilitation programs for treatment of athletic injury.In 1991, Houglum created the National Athletic Trainers' Association's (NATA) first formal continuing education program. Since that time, Houglum has served as chair of the NATA Continuing Education Committee and as a member of the organization's Education Council and the Council on Employment. In 2002, she was named to the NATA Hall of Fame, the association's highest award, and received NATA's Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award in 1996. Houglum is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and its Sports Medicine Section. She is also a member of NATA and serves on the NATA's CEPAT committee and the BOC's Role Delineation #6 Committee. Houglum is an associate editor for Sports Rehabilitation and clinical applications editor of the Journal of Athletic Training. In her free time, Houglum enjoys spending time with family, reading, and painting. She resides in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Peggy A. Houglum
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication05/01/2010
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note950 black & white halftones, 492 colour illustrations
- Weight2563 g
- Width226 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Edition Statement3rd
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.