Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £12.38Trending at £15.88
- £9.60Trending at £10.02
- £7.97Trending at £9.99
- £7.97Trending at £11.98
- £5.54Trending at £6.00
- £28.39Trending at £32.48
About this product
- DescriptionFor two decades, TNF superfamily has been the most investigated area of basic medical research. This book offers a state-of-the-art account of that research, including the role of TNF superfamily members to fight cancer and autoimmune disease.
- Author BiographyIqbal S. Grewal, PhD is well-known in the field of T cell co-stimulation and autoimmunity and has extensively investigated several members of the TNF superfamily and molecules important for lymphocyte co-stimulation. His research has focused on the basic molecular and cellular processes to determine the biological roles of these molecules in normal physiology and immunity and their potential utility as agents or targets for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and cancers. His experience in discovering and developing innovative protein-based biotherapeutics in many disease areas has translated some of his findings into key drug candidates for the treatment of autoimmune disease and cancers. Dr Grewal currently holds the position of Vice President of Preclinical Therapeutics at Seattle Genetics in Bothell, Washington. He is responsible for preclinical translational research functions in support of the development of monoclonal antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates as therapeutics in the areas of autoimmunity and oncology. Before joining Seattle Genetics, Dr Grewal performed drug discovery research and preclinical development at Genentech in South San Francisco, California where he identified and validated several novel molecules as therapeutic candidates in oncology and autoimmune disease. Prior to Genentech, Dr Grewal worked at Yale University School of Medicine. Before that, he held various research positions at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Dr Grewal has presented his work at both national and international meetings, as well as published over 100 scientific publications, 75 abstracts, 60 patent applications. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists, London and member of several distinguished societies. Dr Grewal holds a PhD in Immunology from UCLA and completed his post-doctoral fellowship at Howard Hughes Medical Institute at Yale University School of Medicine.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number647
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note25 Tables, black and white; XVII, 220 p.
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byIqbal S. Grewal
- Edition Statement2009 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.