All listings for this product
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £10.48Trending at £13.47
- £9.52Trending at £11.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £6.48Trending at £7.95
- £6.93Trending at £8.99
- £6.92Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by the Kwangju Massacre of 1980, in which 2,000 civilians were killed for protesting the government's military rule, this novella recounts the wanderings of a girl traumatized by her mother's murder and exemplifies the injustice of state-sanctioned violence against women.
- Author BiographyCh'oe Yun, in addition to being an award-winning author, is professor of French literature at S?gang University in Seoul, Korea, and has translated contemporary Korean fiction into French. She received the 1992 Tongin Literature Prize for The Gray Snowman and the 1994 Yi Sang Literature Prize for The Last of Hanak'o. Translations of her works can be found in Modern Korean Fiction: An Anthology (Columbia University Press, 2005) and Land of Exile: Contemporary Korean Fiction. Her writings have also been translated into French and Spanish.Bruce and Ju-Chan Fulton are the translators of the Korean women's anthologies Words of Farewell and Wayfarer and cotranslators with Marshall R. Pihl of Land of Exile. They have also translated contemporary Korean novels such as Hwang Sun-won's Trees on a Slope and Cho Se-hui's The Dwarf. Bruce Fulton is the inaugural holder of the Young-Bin Min Chair in Korean Literature and Literary Translation at the University of British Columbia, cotranslator of A Ready-Made Life, coeditor of Modern Korean Fiction, feature editor of Seeing the Invisible, and associate editor for Korea of The Columbia Companion to Modern East Asian Literature.
- Author(s)Ch'oe Yun
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2008
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleWeatherhead Books on Asia
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight368 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byBruce Fulton,Ju-Chan Fulton
- Format DetailsTrade binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.