CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.99Trending at £22.56
- £9.83Trending at £13.40
- £24.81Trending at £27.61
- £40.35Trending at £41.36
- £19.77Trending at £20.04
- £30.00Trending at £43.25
- £18.67Trending at £19.75
About this product
- DescriptionThermodynamics is a self-contained analysis of physical and chemical processes, based on classical thermodynamic principles. This book emphasizes on the fundamental principles, with a combination of theory and practice, and demonstrates their application to a variety of disciplines.
- Author BiographyProf. Honig received a BS degree from Amherst College in 1945 and a PhD degree from the University of Minnesota in 1952. After a postdoctoral appointment year at the James Forrestal Center of Princeton University in 1953, he joined the Department of Chemistry at Purdue University in 1953, and was promoted to Associate Professor in 1958. From 1959-1967, Prof. Honig was Associate Group leader and Group leader at the MIT Lincoln Laboratory in Lexington, MA. He returned as Professor of Chemistry to Purdue University in 1967 and retired from that position in 2000. During the latter years, he was Editor of the Journal of Solid State Chemistry (1982-2000), the Chairman of the Materials Sciences Council (1968-1982), and published over 420 refereed publications and five books. Prof. Honig has earned an honorary degree from the University of Science and Technology (2009, Krakow, Poland; fellow of the New York Academy of Sciences; Wetherill medal (1995); Editor, Journal of Solid State Chemistry (1982- 2000); Honorary Member, Materials Research Society of India; two issues of the Journal of Solid State Chemistry (1990 and 2000) and an issue of Solid State Sciences (2000) dedicated to him; and a session at a Materials Research Society meeting (2000) held in honor of his retirement.
- Author(s)Jurgen M. Honig
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/03/2007
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Out-of-print date16/01/2014
- Weight870 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edition Statement3rd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.