Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.00Trending at £17.50
- £18.06Trending at £23.65
- £9.95Trending at £10.12
- £9.51Trending at £9.82
- £4.47Trending at £4.55
- £56.83Trending at £57.84
- £8.98Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by two recognized experts in soft matter research, this volume presents an elementary introduction to the thermodynamics taught in undergraduate courses. It explains basic concepts and details the applications of the laws to a number of systems.
- Author BiographyRobert Holyst (1963) is a professor at the Institute of Physical Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences. He specializes in statistical physics, physical chemistry, biologistics and soft matter physics. He has published 182 papers and 2 books. He presented his works at multiple universities/institutes, e.g. Harvard, MIT, University of Chicago, ESPCI-Paris, ENS-Paris, several Max Planck Institutes, University of Tokyo, Oxford and Cambridge. He has over 17 years experience in teaching thermodynamics for undergraduate students.Andrzej Poniewierski (1951), professor at the Institute of Physical Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences; published 53 papers and two books, specializes in soft matter and statistical physics, liquid crystals and applications of density functional theory to complex fluids. He has also taught thermodynamics for undergraduate students for several years.
- Author(s)Andrzej Poniewierski,Robert Holyst
- Date of Publication09/08/2014
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note1 Tables, black and white; XVI, 344 p.
- Weight551 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2012 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.