Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £17.51Trending at £17.84
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £20.87Trending at £21.09
- £21.83Trending at £22.50
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an account of blood in ritual, and its potency as a symbol of life, death, and gender. Ranging from ancient to modern times, and encompassing beliefs from around the world, this work reveals the history of blood's meaning and sites it at the centre of cultural development.
- Author BiographyMelissa Meyer is Professor of History at the University of California, Los Angeles. Her research focuses on the different aspects of American Indian identity, including blood quantum requirements for tribal enrollment, intermarriage, and the historical experiences of people of mixed descent.
- Author(s)Melissa L. Meyer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/02/2006
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.