CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe fabled monarch Vikramaditya is considered to be a model of kingly virtues, and his reign a golden age of peace and prosperity. Narrated by the thirty-two statuettes of nymphs supporting his magic throne, this work describes his exploits and extol his extraordinary courage, compassion and kindness.
- Author BiographyThe original author of the Simhasana Dvatrimsika is unknown. The present text is dated to the thirteenth century AD. It exists in four main recensions, from which extracts have been compiled together for the first time, in this lively and faithful translation of this celebrated classic by a renowned Sanskritist.
- Author(s)Simhasana Dvatrimsika
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- Language(s)English & Sanskrit
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight168 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byA. N. D. Haksar
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.