Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlan Johnson's childhood was not so much difficult as unusual, particularly for a man who was destined to become Home Secretary. This book tells the story of Alan's mother, Lily, who battled against poor health, poverty, and domestic violence; and his sister, Linda, who had to assume an enormous amount of responsibility at a very young age .
- Author BiographyAlan Johnson was born in May 1950. He is a British Labour Party politician who served as Home Secretary from June 2009 to May 2010. Before that, he filled a wide variety of cabinet positions in both the Blair and Brown governments, including Health Secretary and Education Secretary. Until 20 January 2011 he was Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer. Johnson has been the Member of Parliament for Hull West and Hessle since 1997.
- PrizesWinner of Ondaatje Prize 2014 and Orwell Prize 2014.
- Author(s)Alan Johnson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date18/11/2014
- Weight506 g
- Width145 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- dturpin200726 Apr, 2017by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £8.31Trending at £11.94
- £4.69Trending at £6.26
- £4.69Trending at £4.96
- £4.69Trending at £7.95
- £4.45Trending at £6.96
- £3.79Trending at £6.99
- £3.28Trending at £5.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.