All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMinke is a young Javanese student of great intelligence and ambition. Living equally among the colonists and colonized of 19th-century Java, he battles against the confines of colonial strictures. It is his love for Annelies that enables him to find the strength to embrace his world.
- Author BiographyPramoedya Ananta Toer, born on the island of Java in 1925, was imprisoned first by the Dutch, then by the Indonesian government as a political prisoner. He received the PEN Freedom to Write Award and the Ramon Magsaysay Award.
- Author(s)Pramoedya Ananta Toer
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/1997
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleBuru Quartet
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/01/1999
- Weight250 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.93
- £4.66Trending at £4.86
- £4.77Trending at £4.91
- £9.50Trending at £10.58
- £4.77Trending at £5.38
- £4.59Trending at £5.58
- £4.77Trending at £5.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.