All listings for this product
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £13.00Trending at £17.05
- £10.00Trending at £10.89
- £8.00Trending at £8.83
- £9.69Trending at £11.01
- £7.51Trending at £10.02
- £7.62Trending at £7.78
- £3.59Trending at £3.63
About this product
- DescriptionSlavery remains rampant worldwide, with millions of men, women and children enslaved, ranging from prostitutes in London to indentured workers in Burma. This book includes a chapter on different forms of contemporary slavery, a chapter on the Christian roots of the anti-slavery movement, and detailed case studies, on Sudan, Burma and Indonesia.
- Author BiographyBaroness Cox was until recently Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords, and a notable advocate of human rights around the world. Her story was told in VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS. Dr John Marks OBE is a researcher and campaigner in the field of human rights, with a particular expertise in modern Islam.
- Author(s)Caroline Cox,John Marks
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMonarch Books
- Out-of-print date16/01/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.