Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £21.99Trending at £32.96
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.48Trending at £15.94
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.88Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionSince at least the time of Tocqueville, observers have noted that Americans draw on the language of rights when expressing dissatisfaction with political and social conditions. Drawing on a remarkable cache of Depression-era complaint letters written by ordinary Americans to the Justice Department, the author challenges these common claims.
- Author BiographyGeorge I. Lovell is associate professor of political science at the University of Washington. He is the author of Legislative Deferrals.
- Author(s)George I. Lovell
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2012
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleChicago Series in Law and Society
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note1 halftone
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.