All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published with the title Ne pensez pas vous debarrasser des livres, Editions Grasset & Fasquelle, 2009 --T.p. verso.
- Author BiographyUmberto Eco is an Italian novelist, medievalist, semiotician, philosopher, and literary critic. He is the author of several best-selling novels, including The Name of the Rose (1983), Foucault's Pendulum (1989), The Island of the Day Before (1995), Baudolino (2001), and The Prague Cemetery (2011). His collections of essays include Travels in Hyperreality (1986), Kant and the Platypus (1999), Serendipities (1998), Five Moral Pieces (2001), and On Literature (2004). He has also written academic texts and children's books.Jean-Claude Carriere is one of France's most distinguished writers. He received the 1972 Prix Goncourt for his novel L'epervier de Maheux. His other works include the historical drama The Controversy of Valladolid ( 2005) and the novel Please, Mr. Einstein (2006). With the English director Peter Brook, Carriere adapted the Indian epic poem The Mahabharata for the stage in 1987. Carriere has collaborated with many film directors, including Jacques Tati, Milos Forman, Luis Bunuel, and Jean-Luc Godard. He wrote the screenplays for The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988), Cyrano de Bergerac (1990), and The Tin Drum (1979), among many others.
- Author(s)Jean-Claude Carriere,Umberto Eco
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £9.99
- £7.85Trending at £11.00
- £6.72Trending at £6.84
- £9.89Trending at £14.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.95
- £7.85Trending at £8.02
- £11.41Trending at £17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.