All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.83Trending at £14.96
- £7.11Trending at £7.56
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £8.44Trending at £11.70
- £6.81Trending at £9.00
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
About this product
- DescriptionProvides fresh readings of Thomas Hardy's work and illuminates the social and cultural history of dress in the nineteenth century. This book argues that Hardy had a more detailed and acute understanding of the importance of dress in forming and regulating personal identity and social relations than any other writer of his time.
- Author BiographySimon Gatrell is Professor of English at the University of Georgia. He has written on diverse topics in nineteenth- and twentieth-century English and Irish literature, but has made the poetry and fiction of Thomas Hardy a particular focus of attention in his work both as a critic and as a scholarly editor. His conversion to the fundamental significance of dress in literature is relatively recent.
- Author(s)Simon Gatrell
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleWriting and Culture in the Long Nineteenth Century
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight560 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.