All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSynthesizing four centuries of historical data, this study analyzes the long-term consequences of America's unique refusal to adopt the metric system, with generations of schoolchildren toiling over the complexities of 'Imperial' weights and measures.
- Author BiographyM. A. ( Ken ) Clements is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Illinois State University. After teaching in schools for 10 years, he taught in three Australian universities (Monash, Deakin, and Newcastle), and at Universiti Brunei Darussalam (1997-2004). He has served as a consultant in India, Malaysia, PNG, South Africa, Thailand and Vietnam, and has been an editor for the three international handbooks on mathematics education (1996, 2003, 2012). He has written or edited 25 books and has authored many peer-reviewed articles. In 1996 he co-authored, with Nerida Ellerton, a UNESCO book on mathematics education research. He is honorary life member of both the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia (MERGA) and the Mathematical Association of Victoria (MAV).
- Author(s)M. A. (Ken) Clements,Nerida F. Ellerton
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, 6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight635 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.